Sunday 27 January 2013

Starting the assignment

On Thursday, we began thinking about ideas for the assignment. the main purpose of this unit's assignment is to create a drawing which includes your shoes (with legs) and your culture. This drawing had to have atleast two different perspectives - one-point perspective, two-point perspective, atmospheric perspective and overlap.
 In the beginning of the lesson, I became quite worried, because when drawing my culture and tradition in other artwork, I have always had a way of creating something that is connected to God, the reason being that most traditions and cultural things are connected to God in India. I can't create a drawing of my shoes on top of something "religious" as that would seem very disrespectful.

Even so, towards the end of the lesson, I managed to come up with ideas that, not only originated from my Indian culture, but also the Norwegian culture, seeing as I have lived in Norway my whole life.I don't have a picture of my ideas, but for my final design, I included mountains, henna, people on the mountains, and some more I can't remember. I also used atmospheric and linear perspective, as well as overlap.

Hope it goes well. Generally, I am pleased with the design.

- Anisha

No comments:

Post a Comment