Sunday 6 January 2013

New Year, New Term, New Unit

Happy New Year everyone!!

As we have now started a fresh, new year, it is time to start a new unit as well. This new unit is called "A Walk in My Shoes" and is all about drawing. We will learn about drawing specific objects, shading, contours, perspectives and depth, which will then be applied in our assignment - to draw a shoe and symbols that help to recognize a specific culture.

Observation will have to be a key factor to encounter, as drawing in general is quite difficult. Thinking about my last drawing projects, such as drawing Sharukh Khan (Icon I think) and the self-portrait unit from last term , I know that if I really set my mind to it, I can actually create something extraordinary.

For example, when I drew Sharukh Khan, I really focused on the hair. This was the result:

















There is a major difference between this drawing, and the self-portrait, because I didn't really focus too much  on the actually drawing part, which may be the reason for why it was not as successful as I wanted it to be.

















Well, we will see.. I hope to try my best!

- Anisha

No comments:

Post a Comment