Sunday 4 March 2012

New Unit - Masks

Today we started a new unit about masks, and spoke about different types of masks - what they looked like, where they might have come from etc. We also spoke about Dramatis Personae which is actors of a dramatic piece and can be linked to the masks that is connected to theatre - the one below.
















This unit is divided into three parts, Part 1 being research which I will constantly write about in this blog, Part 2-  the design of my own mask, and part 3 - reflection. The research part of this is to choose a country/ culture that uses masks as part of its cultural practices or ritual or form of entertainment.
I googled around for some masks that would inspire me, and I found out that Masqurade masks, or Venetian masks from Italy were really inspiring and so beautiful. That is why I have chosen to write about Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment