Thursday 8 March 2012

Designing!

Today I started on my design. What we had to do was to create designs, then eventually make them, that had some aspects of venetian masks' culture, and some aspects of our own personality or somethign that we would want to say. I had a number of different designs which I made in my sketchbook, but only some of them had features of something I would want to say to the world, or my own personality into it. We had to create something unique!
These are the designs which I first started with. As you may see, I had difficulties with imagining a unique style, so therefore chose to do similar features as in other traditinal Venetian masks, or the Columbina masks as they call it.




This is my final design which I would like to create. It shows off my personality, that I can be bothv crazy and elegant-looking, which is what I am trying to aim for, or to say to other people. By doing to different shapes on the same mask, would hide my face and let me be whoever I would like to be - giving options. The colours I have used show my favourite colour - purple - and the colour which is mostly used in Venetian Masks - gold. Black is also one colour which I will use on the edge of the mask. I am really looking forward to creating this, even though I am a little worried on how I can create the shape of the eyebrow on the elegant-looking side because I am not confident in using papier mache. On the opposite side I am not too worried about the shape because it is supposed to be all crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment