Monday 15 April 2013

I CAN*T BELIEVE IT

The previous lesson on Thursday, my tray was leather dry so it was perfect for carving. However, I wanted my vessel to be in colour, so before starting with any carving, I coloured it with red glace. I had to put many layers on top of another for the colour to brightly come out as I wanted.

 

 Next, I found a beautiful Indian pattern on the internet, shown below, which I carved in the middle of tray. In the end, the whole vessel was, in my opinion, good enough to be burnt right then. Mr Roman said he would take care of it, and I let him..






NOW TO WHAT I CANNOT BELIEVE!
Today, the Monday after the lesson,  I went into school and I saw that my whole vessel had EXPLODED. There were bits of hard and burnt clay everywhere!! I was incredibly sad, because I just stood there thinking - why me? It was even worse than what had happened to my clock, and it will be easier to just start over than to fix it (even if I did, it wouldn't properly work, and would probably still fall apart when something heavy is put on). I don't know what to do. If I start all over, then I don't want to use my time creating the same type of vessel, because there is simply not enough time.


WHY ME!?

- Anisha...........

No comments:

Post a Comment