Thursday 25 April 2013

Already carved

I was extremely anxious when I entered the class today, because I had a feeling that something had happened to my work. Thankfully, nothing happened. It was just that someone had taken off the plastic bag I used to make it leather dry, so that it became completely dry instead. It was therefore a bit difficult to carve, but I managed.

At first, I had no idea what pattern or carving I wanted to do on my vessel. I thought about doing the same indian pattern as on the previous work, but I thought it wouldn't fit my bowl, as it was just an ordinary bowl instead of an indian tray. Eventually, I found out that I could use motivational words again, like on the clock, where I used : BELIEVE, LOVE, LIVE, HOPE, DREAM, TRUST.



This took the entire lesson, but at the end, I gave it to my teacher to "bisc? fire" it, so I would be sure that it wouldn't explode again when I apply the glaze. I still don't know what colour I would like to use for my vessel, but I will find some appropriate ones next time.

- Anisha

No comments:

Post a Comment