Sunday 21 October 2012

New Unit - TIME

Last lesson, on Thursday, we started a new unit called Time. The assignment for this unit is to create a clock which expresses some sort of time - slow or fast? Since I was not in class during this period, I was not able to sketch ideas, but during the day I thought about some ideas which I then sketched down in my book at home. I also may have some difficulties being in lesson the next couple of weeks, which may make things difficult for me.

Floyd''s snail really inspired me last year, as it really was a fantastic Art work. I would have wanted to use the same idea, but what if I can come up with something fantastic myself? 

Here are some of my ideas sketched down: 
1. An eye. I like to draw eyes so my first idea is an eye. It can show how time passes by before someone's eyes, without them knowing. It is not my final choice.

2. A leaf. I was walking down the street and suddenly a lot of leaves were falling from the tree above me. It expresses slow time, as the leaves fall down slowly and settle on the ground. I thought this could be a great idea. By finding one large piece of maple leaf, and then add a lot of smaller ones on top, I can make the clock easily. Not my final choice however.
3. A clock with motivational words. I love to read motivational quotes and words about life, and I wondered if I could do something towards this. It can express slow time, because when reading them, we settle down and think about our own life which is ahead of us - a long time until we reach what we want to reach (goal etc.). This is my final choice. I think the one to the left would look the best. I dont yet know, however, what materials to use, and what to put on the needles. Maybe two other words?


No comments:

Post a Comment