Tuesday 1 November 2011

Cubist Still Life by Roy Lichtenstein

I have chosen to discuss the cubist drawing 'Cubist Still Life' by Roy Lichtenstein.
This Cubist Painting was made in 1974, and was one of Roy Lichtenstein's many cubist paintings.I like it because we are able to imagine what it shows, and because it is a very simple cubist painting, very like the ones we are going to make for the assignment. I think it shows parts of a table, some white grapes, a brown pot?, a smoking pipe.

It is made form manyview points, and is very similar to what we have done in the lesson, like when we split the page into different parts and started to draw from different angles. What I can learn from this picture when doing my own cubist painting, is the use of colour and stripes. The artist has used colours that stand out and used stripes which help the pcture become successful. I of course do not have to do that, but it is and idea.

I also like the way the artist has made the objects in the picture so big, and split it into different parts, which is something I can do in my own drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment